Today this video has had 6,373,286 views.
It is only 33 seconds long.
Viral Videos are viral because people want to watch it. I specifically went to You Tube to find out why Old Spice has been a trending topic on Twitter. I found this Video and thought it was amusing, entertaining, great video effects and super short. The Title is short “Old Spice Body Wash”. The call to action on the YouTube video page is to Share the video, join the Old Spice Facebook Fanpage and to follow Old Spice on Twitter.
If you want a video to go viral.
1) The video should be short or by someone very famous.
2) The video should be entertaining or funny.
3) The video should be on YouTube.
4) The video should have a keyword in the title
5) The video should be publicized a bit to get it started. Twitter, Facebook, Blogs, Press Release or if it is a highly searched keyword, it may just go viral by itself.
6) The video should be submitted to as many video sharing sites as possible. I use a Viral Video submission tool that automates your video distribution to get distributed to all the best video sharing sites automatically. Special $1 trial offer Automatic Video Submission tool
What other ways can you think of that helps a video go viral? Leave a comment below.